2/04/2007
________________
I say: a flower! and outside the oblivion to which my voice relegates any shape, insofar as it is something other than the calyx, there arises musically, as the very idea and delicate, the one absent from every bouquet.
(New York - 1982)

When I say: "a flower!" then from that forgetfulness to which my voice consigns all floral form, something different from the usual calyces arises, something all music, essence, and softness: the flower which is absent from all bouquets.
(Baltimore - 1956)

I say: a flower! And from the oblivion to which my voice relegates all contours, as something other than the unmentioned calyces, musically arises, the idea itself, and sweet, the flower absent from all bouquets.
(Ithaca, NY - 1999)

I say: a flower! and, aside from the oblivion into which my voice relegates any contour, insofar as anything other than the known petals, musically there arises, the very idea and suave, the absent one of all bouquets.
(Madison, NJ - 1998)

I say: a flower! and beyond the oblivion to which my voice relegates any shape, insofar as it is something other than the calyx, there arises musically, as the suave idea itself, the one absent from every bouquet.
(London - 1992)

Comments on ""

 

Blogger The Lettershaper said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Enjoyed this much...great stuff.

 

Blogger -kaplan said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Thanks. I must trek over to a better library to find the pre-1950 translations, but then I will update accordingly.

 

post a comment