1/10/2006
________________
I remember teaching myself to cook and not knowing the difference between a bulb and a clove of garlic.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Jessica Smith said ... (2:55 PM) : 

i remember being in "home ec" in high school and i was in a group with the "bad boys" because i'm a "good girl" and teachers always have this horrible idea that "good girls" will keep "bad boys" in line (no! they won't! they will just be miserable or else they will resent you so much that they egg on the bad boys more) and we were making biscuits and one of them didn't know the difference b/t a T and a t of salt and they tasted like ocean.

garlic is good. i would say that they probably meant a "bulb." can you really have too much garlic?

 

Blogger Jessica Smith said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Maybe it was Rutledge, actually.
I hope it was just salt.

 

Blogger -kaplan said ... (3:21 PM) : 

That's hilarious. I will keep this in mind when assigning group projects.

This post came after writing a paragraph on Joe Brainard, and then taking a break to have some very garlic-y leftovers for lunch.

As for when I was teaching myself to cook, was it too much garlic? The recipe called for two cloves. I used two bulbs. My friends loved the meal, but we stank the next day in class (this was grad school daze...

 

Blogger Jessica Smith said ... (6:28 PM) : 

oh, goodness. two bulbs! that's pretty bad. hopefully they were the small ones and not the elephant garlic.

garlic keeps mosquitos away. i mean if you imbibe enough of it to have a little of that trademark garlic-sweat odor. which is okay if all your friends do too.

 

Blogger tmorange said ... (12:09 PM) : 

"my biscuits taste like ocean" -- sounds like something ralph wiggum would say.

 

post a comment