1/04/2006
________________
A few more bits from last week:

-A response to this blog, "I'm all for minimalism, but what's up with the links?"

-Jennifer Scappettone gave a paper that touched partly on Tan Lin. Is there an affinity between ambient arts and boring/restful poetics? In a recent interview Bernstein keeps asking Lin, "Do you really want poetry to be boring?" Lin says yes, yes, yes. It would clear the mind for some other kind of operation.

-Added to my west coast shelf Stephanie Young's Telling the Future Off and Brent Cunningham's Birds & Trees Forest. I was to buy a few more things at the book exhibit but it closed earlier than expected. By the time I went over to pick up my books the exhibitor's hall was empty.

-Also purchased Nice to See You: Homage to Ted Berrigan, edited by Anne Waldman (Coffee House, 1991).

-Patrick convinced me to get the new collection of Mac Low. A highlight for me, too, was lunch with him and SS

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Jessica Smith said ... (1:29 PM) : 

i like the links. it's like a secret code. i can read it.

 

Blogger Jessica Smith said ... (5:40 PM) : 

i think there are lots of poets who seem to want poetry to be boring.

 

post a comment