12/25/2005
________________
Back in town after a week in NC mountains. See pics, plus more to come shortly thanks to new camera for my 30th. The place was isolated, no web, no cell, so this is a thanky hello to everyone who called or emailed with b-day messages on the 22nd, a.k.a. midwinter day... Sightseeing roundup: Hooker Falls in Dupont Forest, icy trails on path to Connestee Falls, then nostalgic drive-by at Hendersonville camp of 3rd to 10th grade, plus Mr. Gatti's where I gorged on all-u-can-eat pizza around the time of my disillusionment. Did not see this time around: the Fish Camp, or as they say, "if you pass Wal-Mart you've gone too far." The manhandling of the library copy of Berrigan's new collected can cease now that I have my own copy, thanks family! On the road listened to Louis Jordan, thanks RS!

Comments on ""

 

Blogger gina said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good one. Oh, and while I'm at it--happy holidays too!

 

Blogger -kaplan said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Oh thanks. It was a good one. I slept a lot, and I never sleep that much, and I never enjoy sleeping that much either, but I did enjoy sleeping this time.

 

post a comment