1/29/2006
________________
The resurrected Robert Pollard played the 9:30 Club last night. I went with R, M, A, M, and T.

New meme watch: "Love is Stronger Than Witchcraft." (Click link for mp3, though the version last night felt about three times as fast.)

Return of Olson meme(s) watch: "Dancing Girls and Dancing Men." (mp3)

Is Pollard feeling old? "Call me Uncle Bob," he said at least twice.

Pollard's favorite new song: "Fresh Threats, Salad Shooters And Zip Guns."

Song most easily adapted to people in my world: "Serious Bird-Woman, I'm Attracted To You."

Best review of the show from a new fan: "I haven't understood a single word yet, but this guy rocks!"

Best review of the new band members: "Check out the beefcakes on bass and guitar!"

Much of the show previewed the new 2-disc release From a Compound Eye. Pollard did a few tracks from a new Stephen Soderbergh film, Bubble. The last half hour he brought out GBV hits like "Tractor Rape Chain," "Things I will Keep," "Game of Pricks," and "Back to the Lake." The last song is always my cure for the professional codes of the District.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger tmorange said ... (4:48 PM) : 

he's definitely grayed a bit since i saw him last. and he just doesn't do those rockstar highkicks like he used to...

t.

 

post a comment